Wednesday, August 18, 2010

taking flight

Tomorrow, I will be flying off to Wuhan, China. I know it seems like an obscure place, so let me provide you with some facts about Wuhan (taken from Wiki):
  • Wuhan ranks 8th in China in terms of population, with 9.7 million people as of 2007.
  • Wuhan is the capital of Hubei province, and is actually a conglomeration of three smaller cities - Wuchang, Hankou, and Hanyang.
  • Wuhan is commonly known as one of the Three Furnaces of China, due to its extreme heat in the summer.
  • There are 35 higher educational institutions in Wuhan, making it ranked 3rd in China in terms of comprehensive scientific and educational strength.
If you have ever heard me tell the story of how I came across this job, you would probably know that I did not see this trip coming until a few months ago. This opportunity to "spread my wings" (as someone put it) was definitely unexpected. I don't know what's in store for me in the next year or two, but I will keep you all updated!

Time to return to packing.

3 comments: