Tuesday, November 30, 2010

is it december already???

There you go. It's Dec. 1 today already. I can't believe it. Each day here seems to drag by as I count down the number of blocks left until 3:40, but boy, the weeks just FLY by. There are only 4 and a half weeks left until 1st semester is over. In other words, if I take out the holidays, my contract is already 1/4 finished and I feel like my seat isn't even warm yet. It's probably because life is so busy here... Thinking back to what it was like in Vancouver, each day felt like 3 days, because there was nothing ever to do. Sure, I went to school, hung out with friends, , or whatever.... call it "fanjian," but I feel so much more accomplished when I am able to battle through the frustrations of dealing with lazy students every day, instead of lying around on the couch watching TV like I used to do back home.

That having said, I think everybody in the world should go to Asia to work. It's probably one of the most annoying but fulfilling things in the world. However, I know I'm definitely not getting a good representative of what work in Asia should be like... this is a Canadian school I work for and too many benefits come with it despite long work hours. I think we all need to suffer a little if not a lot, myself included, before we can say we've lived life.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Hedy, it's Stephhh (Chan)!

    Wow...you are one amazing girl! Your work with the teens must be tough but I'm glad it is also very rewarding. Please let me how I can pray for you.

    Will you be returning for Christmas?

    God bless you!!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. u are working in CHINA WHT THE HELL?

    ReplyDelete